Wednesday 23 February 2011

My second book Andrew's Destiny and the beginning of my doubts

As soon as I had accepted and signed my contract for Kristina’s Destiny, I was asked if I was going to carry on writing.

I had a few ideas and said that I was thinking about it.  So I began a second novel in the early part of last year, 2010.  This book was to be called Andrew’s Destiny.

I thought I would write a parallel story, using a character from my first book.  I asked Mr Taylor what he thought of the idea and he appeared interested.

So I began writing again.

By the time Kristina’s Destiny was available on-line at the beginning of August 2010, I had almost finished writing Andrew’s Destiny.

Then the editing started.

When I was satisfied with it I sent it to Mr Taylor.

In the meantime he is supposed to be arranging book signings – or so I am led to believe.  He telephones me and asks me if I would be prepared to do an interview for the local newspaper.

I agree, but explain that I have just had laser eye surgery and I am still wearing dark glasses, this would be no problem I’m assured.  The interview is done over the phone, and not person to person, which I had been led to believe.  This happened about fifteen minutes later – not a great deal of time to prepare, but the reporter did a good job and it did not sound too bad in print.  A few days later a newspaper photographer came around to my house to take my photo.  You can see both the photo and the interview here.

As you will also see on my website, the book signing was a disaster.  If only he had asked my opinion, about which towns would have been more suitable.  Mind you the town in the email that he sent me, which was actually down in Cornwall would have been even more unsuitable, as I live in Berkshire.

When I asked if he had made a mistake, he told me that it had been a typing error!?  I should have realised then that I had a problem with Mr Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment