Wednesday 23 February 2011

First book to be Published

Having looked on the internet once more, I made my choice of publisher and having been told what I would get for my money, I told them I would be happy to accept their offer.
This was with the Publisher – Kinglake Publishing Limited.
The publishers’ name was Harry Taylor.  He seemed a very charming gentleman, as he talked me through what he was going to do for me.

This is some of what I was being offered:-

Editing of my work
Copies of my book when printed
Help with a website to promote my book
Publicity package
ISBN Assignment
UPC barcode
Availability with online booksellers such as Amazon, W H Smiths etc
Books available from bookshops
Marketing/Book Signing Kit

This was for my first novel – Kristina’s Destiny

Well most of the above I got – but with difficulty.

I was sent my first sent of proofs which I diligently read through.  I sent pages of corrections/edits back to done.  Believe it or not, it took some of the edits took at least three attempts on my part, sending back and forth to be implemented.  They were stupid things as well – for some reason best know to the publisher, he wanted to change what my character was eating!  It was bazaar and very annoying.

At last the day came for me to receive my books.

It is difficult to explain how I felt the day they arrived – at last I had achieved something.

No comments:

Post a Comment